Friday, October 28, 2011

They have plates just for those? Oooooh

So Mamma and Pappa took Mr. Cutbait and me out to dinner last night.  We went to Jake's Famous Crawfish Seafood Restaurant, which is always lovely.

Now keep in mind, this is a SEAFOOD restaurant.

I didn't notice this the first time we ate there, but on the walls are mounted several collections of plates in glass cases.  The plates looked much like these:


...which look very much like this:

Mamma and I first noticed one such collection on a wall close to our table - "Look at all those neat old deviled egg plates," she said.  We discovered others on a trip to the ladies' room.

"Wow, they just really love those deviled egg plates here," I observed.

Enter the snooty Alec Baldwin-esque waiter.

"I love all your deviled egg plates!" I gushed.

"Those are oyster plates."

......

Oh.

Frightfully uneducated in the ways of seafood serving pieces,
Fisher Cutbait

5 comments:

Carrot Jello said...

I'm not sure I would have known that. In fact, I'm certain I wouldn't have known that.
I'd stick with McDonalds from now on.

Elizabeth-W said...

Have you ever eaten oysters before?
If not, then that is maybe why you didn't know.
If you'd never been to a rib joint and saw everyone wearing bibs and rolls of paper towels on the table you might assume everyone there was severely retarded in multiple ways.
:)

Fisher Cutbait said...

I've never eaten them. I might eat them in oyster stew, maybe.

I said to the waiter, "Oh, well, I never eat oysters" and he said, "Well, I never eat eggs."

True story.

Elizabeth-W said...

Perfect!

Heffalump said...

Haha!