Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hello.

As I sit here looking out my front window, breaking my own rule by eating a bowl of homemade French onion soup in my living room - what the hey, it's my living room -

I am prone to wonder a few things.

Like, how awesome is it that my awesome child knows how to cook such awesomeness?  Awesome, awesome, and awesome some more?

How many days will it be before the family stops smelling of roasted onion?  I just dropped off a reeking little Cub Scout at our church building for an activity, and you know how kind and understanding other children are.  Especially about someone who smells weird.  He'll be OK, right?

After attending my two elementary school children's parent-teacher conferences later this week, how bad will I feel - chocolate-bad, vodka-bad or Valium-bad?  (They're only tardy at least once a week.)

And lastly - I don't think this one needs explaining - are Oreos secretly made of laxatives?

I guess that's it for now.  If any more wonderings cross my little pea brain, you'll be the first to know. 

kisses,
Fisher Cutbait

6 comments:

Heffalump said...

Now I want some French Onion Soup!

Jill said...

Oddly, I want Oreos...

Suzanne said...

I <3 French Onion Soup!

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who feels compelled to drink after parent-teacher conferences! ;) It's a good thing the WOW keeps me in line because sometimes it would just be great to escape my kiddie issues once in awhile ;)

Fisher Cutbait said...

Oh man, how I love seeing you all again. :)

The conferences couldn't have gone better! Isn't it funny how you dread something so awfully and then it ends up being nice? Maybe we should just dread everything and then we'll always be happily surprised ;)

Heffalump said...

I am laughing over the dread everything.

Elizabeth-W said...

I swear the low fat oreos are laxative-laced!!!!

I never dread parent teacher conferences b/c I'm so anal retentive I've already talked with the teachers via email 20 times by the time conferences roll around and so I already know what they're going to say. It's what they say about ME that makes me want to drink. :D