Thursday, October 20, 2011

Oh! How I Love a Fresh Start

Facebook's new format creeps me out.  It's the ticker: "So-and-so left a comment on so-and-so's photo."  "So-and-so is attending the Great White Shark Festival on Amity Island."  "So-and-so just sneezed, now say 'gesundheit.'"

It's not that I'm ashamed of what I say or do or like, or that I have anything to hide - but with the older version of Facebook, I had the settings fixed so that no one could follow me around. I liked the privacy. Now it's gone.

I hate it when something is perfect, and then the powers that be mess with it till it's unrecognizable. The powers that be need their little hands slapped.

So here I am, blogging again... since blogging is so private.

Trying not to get fresh,
Fisher Cutbait

4 comments:

Heffalump said...

I've been feeling less than pleased with Facebook too. I think they should have an option for people not to be on the ticker. Although, at least if you have things set to friends only, it will only show your stuff on your friends' tickers. I see stuff on my ticker from tons of people I don't even know, because their settings are set to world, or to friends of friends.

FluffyChicky said...

I hate FB right now for the same reasons. Blah.

Klin said...

I have spent hours, literally, unchecking the little buttons. I have decided I might be unsubscribing from everyone as it drives me nuts. Currently i sue teh ticker thing to alert me when I need to do soem unchecking on someone I've missed.

I love your rambling mind and now I want to buy oreo's. Good thing I don't have time, cause I secretly wondered about the same thing you questioned.

Fisher Cutbait said...

Yo peeps!

I ended up posting a status update today, since it was a story about my kid's name and I certainly wasn't going to spill it here. And I re-realized, as long as you stick to commenting on things that can only be seen by your friends and their friends, it's not as bad.

But it still bugs. I still think they're moving into Big Brother territory. Grrrrr