Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Oh, the Phrases You'll Google!

1) Avery Schreiber


Remember the Match Game show from the 70s? Avery was a frequent guest - he always sat on the top left spot next to Brett Somers. Yeah, you remember. I think he was on The Love Boat at least once. Apparently he was funny, or something? He's kind of before my time (which is saying something).

2) Irena Warsaw Ghetto

In this enlightened age of debunked urban legends, I don't know how or why these old email forwards still make their way into people's inboxes (ahem, my parents' generation), but every so often, one email produces quite a gem, and Irena Sendler is one of those. Read her moving and amazing story here. She's my newest hero.

3) Fifty butts in the ashtray, I've got those Vantage blues again

From Saturday Night Live, a spoof advertisement for a fake LP titled "Stretch Marks". Gilda Radner played the singer. My siblings and I are Gilda fans and have her "Best Of" SNL video memorized. Interestingly, Google failed this test - it was as if this "Vantage Blues" song existed only in my brain, a beyond-scary prospect. I was thrilled to find the video.


(one naughty word)

Up since 3 AM,
Fisher Cutbait

No comments: