Monday, July 30, 2012

How deep is your LOVE? How deep is YOUR love?

So I just spent I don't know how many minutes hand-adding all my iTunes from my external hard drive to my new computer hard drive, then discovered that none of the songs would play when I ejected, rejected, or whatever it is you do to something attached to your computer.  Then read that I have to let iTunes find them, or something.  Now they're uploading/downloading/whatever.

And I'm currently listening to this gorgeous, old, overplayed song.  I don't care, I love the Bee Gees.  It would take some serious deprogramming to get them out of my romantic little 70s girl heart.

My recently-turned-16 daughter has started dating.  In the last eight days she has dated the same boy twice - he asked her, then she asked him.  First a trip to P-town to enjoy the weird, then today a picnic and Frisbee at a nearby park.  He's a seriously cute kid and it's fun and exciting, but of course we're worrying our butts off.  Today I lectured her about the need for group dating and coached her about having double date buddies in the ward... Dude, I was just there.  Like, yesterday.  Ric and I went sledding on Valentine's Day and had a great time.  He turned 16 in October and I the next January, and he waited till I had my birthday so we could go on our first-ever date together.  The man was made of gold.

On a completely different topic, and kind of gripey, so just skip it if you want:

Does it seem like Facebook is just a pain in the butt now?  It does to me right this minute.  The novelty has finally worn off.  The many arbitrary "upgrades" have killed the enjoyment.  I've caught up with most of the people I care to catch up with.  I'm kind of done. 

So, what's next?  Is there anything else left to conquer, out there in Father Al's glorious Internet universe?  I've decided to stay off Pinterest....

What are your thoughts, Hobson?

Stuck firmly and permanently in the 1977-1981 range,
Fisher Cutbait

2 comments:

Klin said...

"I really need to know..."


And yes FB has been blah and an aggravation of late. I don't even care if I check it.

Did you find/get your ipod (back).

Carrot Jello said...

I don't have any thoughts. I just wanted to let you know I will follow you. Follow you wherever you may go. There isn't an ocean too deep. No mountain so high it can keep, keep me awaaaay! Awaaay from your blog!